so basically if evolution is false, carbone 14 analysis is lying to men, 99% of scientists (including big names like Brian Cox and Stephen Hawking) are spewing lies and men lived alongside dinosaurs. Hmm okay
That’s pretty much the idea, yeah.
Except it’s not the analysis that’s lying. You can’t prove that Carbon 14 analysis works on a scale of millions of years, because there’s no objective reference. Nothing that you test is verifiably millions of years old, so you don’t have a way to test the test.
And it’s not 99% of scientists. Maybe 99% of evolution scientists. But there is a huge amount of scientists that believe that the theory of evolution isn’t provable.
And dinosaurs? Yeah, that happened. Cool huh?
One of my atheist friends just posted this quote last night, “Wide acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity.”
Evolution is false because its incompatible with what we know is true: That God created the heavens and the earth and uniquely made man and women in His image. He created them different from the animals and were given the breath of life. A spirit inside of them that is directly connected to the spirit of almighty God.
And ultimately, we’re accountable for our own actions in divine court.
We aren’t some speck in a billions of years cosmos. We’re living 6000 years after the creation of the world. We’re living 2000 years after the Son of God’s crucifixion and resurrection, and we’re living in a time when Jesus could come back at any moment.
If every person in this world would turn atheist, it would not diminish the glory of God.He has no need of us. Yet, His love for humanity is so overwhelming,so vast we can’t perfectly grasp it.He loves you.He loves you..Isn’t that the greatest truth in the universe?
Cello by higura shikawa
How’s the camouflage?
Lion of Judah
Hi! I've just been reading through your blog, and find it incredibly interesting. I was just curious, given you are against gay marriage, but believe God loves everyone, what would you say if your son or daughter was gay?
My hope would be that I’d have the same intent as Jesus, who (according to John 3:17) came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
I’m so glad that Jesus came first to save the world. It gives us a second chance to get our lives right with God so that when God does in fact judge the world, we can actually make it through the fire unscathed.
So what would my response be if my son had illicit thoughts and feelings? The goal would be to encourage him to lay that at the foot of the cross where he has put all of his selfishness, pride, jealousy, and hatred.
There’s no inclination or desire that gets to trump God’s plan for our lives. No passion or affection or lust that gets to come before His will. Following Jesus means a complete life-surrender.
The Bible says to take every thought captive. Our minds and hearts are where real spiritual warfare takes place.
Without God’s help there’s pretty much no way to fend off lust, anger, depression, addiction etc. But with His help, we can not only not give in, but we have the hope of becoming completely different people.
Witness protection has nothing on our God’s ability to change our identity. If there’s anyone who can remake, reorient, revive, and restart someone, it’s almighty God Yahweh.
He did it for me. And He’s still doing it for me. And He can do it for you.
So-o-o-o-o well said!
Do you think science is wrong when every single scientist in the world tells us that the world and universe are several billion years old? Or that the first human ancestors came to be millions of years ago?
Not every scientist believes that. Here’s a list of some scientists that believe the Biblical account of creation.
Science isn’t wrong. Some scientists are wrong.
Science is just the pursuit of truth through reason and data and study. The truth is that God is the creator of everything we see, and everything we don’t.
Science sheds light on this truth all the time.
Some scientists refuse to believe the possibility of God, and that worldview colors everything they find. They’re looking at this incredibly ordered, beautiful, masterpiece of a world and desperately trying to disprove that it was created that way.
Excellent reply, brother!
5 Things All People Should Know Before Becoming A Christian:
1) Christ is perfect, Christianity is not. Don’t mistake Christian Culture as God, they aren’t the same thing. Churches, pastors, theologians, and other believers will inevitably fail you, but Jesus never will.
2) It’s OK to change your beliefs. You’ll never have Christianity fully figured out. You won’t have an answer for everything. Theology is a journey, a Pilgrim’s Process. Life, relationships, and experiences form, shape, and change the way you see, experience, and understand God. The disciples didn’t understand God much of the time, and you probably won’t either.
3) Christianity Isn’t Easy. It doesn’t magically fix things, make you more popular, wealthy, or healthier. In reality, it’s not a form of escapism but a lifelong process of dedication, service, sacrifice, and humbly loving others. It’s very, very, very hard, and not for the faint of heart.
4) Christianity Is Complex. Nobody believes the same thing. There are hundreds of denominations. Doctrines, practices, and traditions are as varied as the people that represent them. This diversity of faith should be appreciated and celebrated. The goal of Christianity isn’t conformity, but an honest and intimate relationship with God.
5) Christianity is ultimately about loving God and loving others. It should never be co-oped by a political movement, a religious institution, gaining power, obtaining control, spreading influence, enforcing laws, or becoming rich and famous. It’s about a relationship with God—never let anything supersede this.